Saturday, August 17, 2013


Overall Course/Web Conference Reflection 5352

This course has allowed me to get in touch with the latest and greatest technology ideas and how to utilize them in an online community.  I really enjoyed becoming a member of a group to complete activities throughout this class.  It was helpful to see the ideas and information of others in similar circumstances as my own and increased my knowledge to not only the information that I was learning, but also that of others.  I learned many new methods and technology trends that I plan to pass on to the teachers on my campus.  Some of the Web tools we are already using, but I was able to get fresh takes on new uses to implement and present to my teachers.  The Flipped Classroom was one of the ideas that I was particularly interested and I look forward to doing future research and learning on how to implement in an Elementary setting. The idea of freeing teachers of the time it takes to introduce new information, and allow them to utilize that time providing more individualized instruction to small groups of students and even one on one could have a dramatic impact on the increase of student success and achievement.  Project Based Learning was another trend that I enjoyed learning about.  I hope to support my teachers with the use of PBL in their classrooms throughout the upcoming year. The Web 2.o tool project with my group allowed me to gain a bank of awesome tools and ideas to try with my teachers.  I plan to collaborate with our technology liaison in order to train and provide support for teachers as they begin to implement these ideas in their classrooms. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this class and came away with lots of useful information and ideas that I can put into practice immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment